Re: [IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Blubs)

--- Rick Kunath <k9ao@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At least for me, I absolutely hate the color and
> flicker of fluorescent
> lighting. I have to tolerate it some places at work,
> but I have almost no
> fluorescent lighting here at home.
>
> Even if they are quiet, I don't like the look.

This is the most specious nonsense I have seen. Modern
fluorescents don't flicker. If there is there's
something wrong. The CFL's and the T-8  sized regular
fluorescents use solid state ballasts, and they
operate at such a high frequency that flicker is
impossible except at end of life failure, which on a
T-8 bulb can be a rather interesting light show...
Color is even more of a specious argument. The CFL"s
are generally color corrected. You can get a color
temperature of your choosing.  As for regular
fluorescents, the old low color correction cool white
ought to be outlawed.  The low mercury regs for
regular fluorescents also has an efficiency mandate
and color correction. You can get a fluorescent lamp
of many varied colors.  I'll go into detail on this
later, in a later post.

Powell