Re: [IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Blubs)

Re: [IRCA] CFB (Compact Florescent Blubs)

> I haven't any flourescents in my home for obvious reasons. But I also
> have no 100-watt nor 75-watt incandescent bulbs in regular use. I have
> a couple of 75's in dark areas of the basement, but they don't get much
> use.
>

> Russ Edmunds

I have a few fluorescents in my house that do cause the expected RF
noise on the BCB and certain SW bands. My only exposure to CFBs has been
in hotels when I travel, and my experience with them is much the same.

I will undertake a test of the common CFB available from Walmart, and
report back on what impact it has in the radio bands. While I'm there I
may stock up on incandescent bulbs (at 4 for $0.77, it may be time for a
"lifetime buy"),

Brett Saylor
Central PA