[IRCA] Compact Fluorescent Bulbs

Here's a statement that GE put on the package of the Compact Fluorescent Bulbs that I have.

"This product complies with Part 18 of the FCC rules, but may cause interference to radios, televisions, wireless telephones, and remote controls.  Avoid placing this product near these devices.  If interference
occurs, move the product away from the device or plug either into a different outlet.  Do not install this product near maritime safety equipment
or other critical navigation or communications equipment operating between 0.45-30 MHz." "Lamp contains mercury, manage in accord with
Disposal laws."  At least I have about 5 years to call the waste management company to find out the proper way to dispose of these bulbs.

Now I know why the Kiwa picks up noise in the radio room.  I have about 15 of these throughout the house.  GE says that you will save $59.00 per year passed on .10 per kilowatt hour.  They are suppose to last 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs.  I bought many 3 packs for around $7:50
a pack.  Been using them for about 5 months, so will have to check past electrical bills to see if there is a savings.

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA