Re: [IRCA] WABV, WHPY and WCSL PSSA/PSRA INFORMATION

Re: [IRCA] WABV, WHPY and WCSL PSSA/PSRA INFORMATION

All three stations, WABV 1590 Abbeville, SC...WHPY 1590 Clayton, NC and WCSL
1590 Cherryville, NC have a 500 Watt PSRA year aroud at 6am.

WCSL has a PSSA of anywhere between 17w and 63w depending on the month and
time. WCSL has a night authorization of 42w.
WHPY has a PSSA of anywhere between 24w and 158w depending on the month and
time. WHPY has a night authorization of 25w.
WABV has a PSSA of anywhere between 10w and 50w depending on the month and
time. WABV has a night authorization of 27w

WCSL and WABV are non directional in all modes, WHPY is directional to the
N/E mostly in all time frames.

When a stations night authorization (25w to 42w) in these three cases are
MORE then their PSSA, the stations are allowed to revert to their NIGHT
authorization.

However, on a crowded channel... if a station was using 63w compared to
42w..... 25w compared to 158w or 27w to 50w. no one outside of the local
area would notice a difference.

Suffice to say, iuf you hear them clearly enug outside the immediate
Cherryville or Clayton area, they are ASSUMABLY running more then their
PSSA/Night authorizaiton. (Notice I didn't make a claim they actually were
operating out of parameters, like some DX'ers would do. .it's just a
possibility.

I hope this clears some things up

Paul "Esther Blodgett" Walker
Operations Manager/Program Director/Assistant Engineer/Secretary/Sales
Director/Cleaning Person/Chief Cook n Bottlewasher/Toilet Fixer-upper
WABV-Am 1590 Abbeville, South Caorlina
www.wabv1590.com
www.walkerbroadcasting.com

--