Re: [IRCA] High Power electrical towers (OT)

Re: [IRCA] High Power electrical towers (OT)

Dennis said: This was back when the cell phones were analog.
//////
Dennis I still use an analog cell phone. I have a contract originated in
1988 that gives me analog cellular service for about $8.00 a month. If I
upgrade to digital I lose that contract. So I am holding out a long as I
can. I've received several letters over the past 5 years from my
cellular provider saying that the analog service is about to be
terminated. The latest one gave me a deadline of February 18, 2008. Of
interest is that my analog phone will not work within a mile of our AM
transmitter site. It apparently suffers from RF overload. My coworkers
digital phones don't have a problem with the RF even in the near field.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
Broadcast Technician
NRC Broadcasting - Denver
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/