Re: [IRCA] Now that's a ground system! (OT)

Re: [IRCA] Now that's a ground system! (OT)

Mike said: The English converter/inverter station is a few miles outside
of Folkestone in rural Kent. The town where I was born many years ago.
It was upgraded with increased capacity several years ago. I have never
seen the French side.
//////
Interesting Mike. I did read somewhere in my research that the French
are considering termination of the intertie because France is starting
to see an increased need for the power at home. And since Norway backed
out of the proposed Norway-UK intertie in 2003, it sounds like England
could be facing a bit of a power shortage in the future.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
Broadcast Technician
NRC Broadcasting - Denver
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/