[IRCA] WCSL-1590 10 kW or 1 kW

At 01:02 PM 4/21/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Charle:
>
>Now we are signing off at 8pm like we should... but honestly, if I still
>wanted to.. I COULD sign off at 7pm... the FCC doesn't mind if a station
>signs off early, as long as it isn't too early.
>
>WCSL'S 10KW is NON DIRECTIONAL.
>
>Paul'

Paul,

I got the impression from the above that WCSL was now 10 kW. A check
with the FCC's AM Query seems to indicate that the CP isn't on the
air, yet.

ANOTHER THING: According to their change-of-mode time (7:00 PM, EST),
they should have powered down to 42 watts at the time I heard them, at
2004. I really doubt that, with all the co-channel QRM. I'd say they
were still at 1 kW.

Once they get to 10 kW, I expect them to become a pest on daytime
skywave.

Charles

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina