Re: [IRCA] Rare DX on 1080

--- willis <k4ape@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some really rare DX on 1080kc.
>
> WTIC Hartford,CT heard here for the first time this
> year!

They send almost no power this way.

> With WKJK in Louisville, KY cheating all the time,
> it has been hard to hear WTIC or KRLD.
>
> Spring is here, finally.

You know, Willis, that's libelous. Can you actually
SEE their antenna current meter?  Did someone from
there tell you they were cheating?  They are 1000
watts at night but the directional pattern rams most
everything our way. If they were running 10,000 watt,
their day power, they would be a good deal stronger.
It would be unlikely the phasor for  1000 watts DA
could handle 10,000 watts for very long at all.

ANYway, cheating implies they are doing this on
purpose,  WKJK is owned by Clear Channel. They
generally follow the rules religiously. If their
automated device fails, and leaves it on day power I'm
sure a DOE would like to know about it.  I don't think
this is the case, as I think they are running IBOC, so
I think they are running legally. They don't seem any
stronger (not very ) than usual here in South
Carolina.   If you think they are messed up I can
contact a regional CC engineering director  I know.

Powell