Re: [IRCA] HLs as a frequency reference

At 15:33 07/04/2007, you wrote:
>Nick,
>
>Going through my DX clips from Okinawa 1981 -1984, I
>chanced to hear one of the KBS stations co-channel
>with NHK repeaters. The KBS sounded to be offset by
>5 Hz.
>
>That seemed to be about maximum offset for the smaller
>KBS stations. As for the big ones, I expect they're
>pretty tight.

Thanks, Charles (what happened to Charlie?  tangled up in antenna wire?)

We're coming down to the wire, so to speak, on our trip preparations;
looking forward to snagging some of those off channel stations,  at
least as an adjunct to more conventional travelling.

You certainly seem to have been correct on the NHK stations being
pretty close to spot on channel, judging by the loggings here during
our spring opening (which now seems to be closed, judging by the lack
of DX this morning).  I don't imagine I'll have the opportunity for
using many KBS stations as references, as we'll be mostly in northern
Honshu and Hokkaido this time.

best wishes,

Nick