Re: [IRCA] k g o turned on its' iboc again

Re: [IRCA] k g o turned on its' iboc again

Marty,

I was just going to write and say, if KGO is using IBOC today, I sure
cannot hear it. At 10:40 AM (PDT), I am getting S9 from KGO. Quite
decent to listen to Ronn Owens, but no hash. So apparently they are not
using it now. According to an engineer, they were having a time getting
the IBOC adjusted correctly anyway. I have heard if a transmitter is
more than a few years old, it wont work with IBOC, so KGO must have
replaced their transmitter in recent years. But if KGO's IBOC creates
noise on the channel, then listeners will complain, as they already have
in the past few months when they tested it. The talk show host has said
that KGO was going to get improved audio with the new system. Well, we
are know that is bogus. But apparently I wasn't the only one that
reported hiss on their channel. Lots of people did.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager