Re: [IRCA] Another perspective on AM IBOC, from the broadcasters' mailing list

Re: [IRCA] Another perspective on AM IBOC, from the broadcasters' mailing list

Chuck -

  Is this the eight-hundred-fifty-thousand-one-hundred-forty-eighth trial
balloon floated by HD promoters to cover the noisy little non-secret about
jamming?

 HD's big score depended upon stealth and speed. They kept citizens in the
dark, but time ran against them.

Years passed. A hopelessly flawed scheme remains just that. HD promoters and
their shill parrots now toss out every tale they can think of. Can you smell
the desperation? Radio World today notes backers may pull out, and time is
short. So? If HD is good, people will embrace it willingly, as they have with WiFi
and iPods. Why they so worried? Hmmmm?

Are backers jaundiced by false claims, dissemblings, and silly denials about
interference?

HD promoters dismiss all who object as Luddites, or - gasp! - 'DX'ers'.

They think we're a tough crowd? Have they read the reviews of disappointed
listeners who returned HD sets? Is HD Cabal aware of public & broadcaster
'aggressive apathy'? If they think jamming is their big, fat, flatulent, Camel nose
in the tent, their thinking is as skewed as their improbable, noisy
'technology'.

HD radio is what happens when software experts 'partner' with greedhogs to
design a new kind of radio.

HD is why plumbers, not neuro-surgeons, draft plumbing codes.

Now we have this, 'give HD chance, we'll never know if we don't' routine..?

"Please let me in. Ignore my sordid history and the duct tape, twisty ties,
ski mask, and shiv I carry. I just want to sit and talk...how else will you
know?"   Spare us.  Please.

If something stinks, do we pluck it from the gutter and swallow it whole, on
grounds we'll 'never know if we don't'? What sort of reasoning is this?