Re: [IRCA] IBOC

Hi Chuck, George and the group,

Re: What the FCC did was say what their new policy will be. To go from
"here's what we think" to "actual policy" requires, amongst other things,
that they publish their new policy. It will likely be several months before
stations actually get legal Approval to use IBOC at night.

Looking at some recent FCC actions, the announcement to end Morse Code
requirements for amateur radio operators was made on December 15, 2006. New
regulations must first appear in the Federal Register, and then go into
effect 30 days after publishing. In this case, the new regulations did not
become effective until February 23, 2007.

As for the IBOC regs, I would give them somewhere around 60 days or perhaps
May 20th. This is strictly a guesstimate on my part though.

73/ Joe Miller