Re: [IRCA] Fwd: Re: [NRC-AM] QRRe: A idea for future DX Tests.....

Russ Edmunds wrote:

>> *** I think that perhaps what you suggest above is going to be
>> impossible for the many and doable for the few. Whether the gating
>> factor is technical proficiency, or in dollars, I believe we have to
>> weigh the possibility of creating DX Tests which fewer people can
>> hear/report rather than more.
>>
>> And I have yet to try a Spectrunm analyzer program which I could
>> operate. As it is I still have an old Heathkit SB-620 modified for MW
>> by Bob Foxworth.

Hi Russ,

Les seemed to go into the hard core QRSS mode thinking as he is a LF
experimenter. What I am talking about is something do-able by anyone who
can download and install Spectrum Lab (freeware) and run the audio from
their receiver to their PC sound card. Otherwise than that, all is need
is to tune their receiver 1 kHz or so either side of the target
frequency, start up Spectrum Lab with its default settings, set the
waterfall bandwidth to 3 KHz and just watch the waterfall for the CW 1
kHz above/below the target carrier.

Spectrum Lab can display signals that your receiver and ears easily miss.

73,
Brandon Jordan
Memphis, TN
www.bcdx.org