Re: [IRCA] A idea for future DX Tests.....

--- Brandon Jordan <brandon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I sent a suggestion to Les for the next round of tests that I think
> would be pretty awesome, and that is very slow morse. I thought I
> would
> bring it up here to get other folks opinions. Lets say a station sent
>
> out a few 1 kHz tone-generated CW IDs during the DX Tests,  say with
> 2
> second-long dots and 6 second-long dashes. Maybe even switch between
> 1
> kHz and 2 kHz tone CW. This would allow DXers, with minimal
> equipment,
> to run their receiver audio through a program such as Spectrum Lab
> and
> actually see the morse code in the waterfall display.

*** The idea of slower code is a good one - and many testers have used
that. I didn't hear KMTI so I don't know at what speed they ran it. But
I think the speed you propose is too slow. At those lengths one could
have a fade-up which would be shorter than one sequence of code.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id