[IRCA] JOUB GE Super Radio

Marty,

When I lived in the SF Bay Area I received China on 1044 kHz (1040?) back in the early 80's at work with a GE Super Radio.  I placed the radio hear a vertical "I" beam and it worked as a great antenna.  Up here is Vancouver, WA last year I was able to receive JOUB 774 on the CC radio.  It was around 2:30 am, but the signal was only fair.

This morning after I took down the EWE and laid it on the ground, JOUB was still in at 1505 UT, though with very weak audio during a fade up.  With the EWE on the ground it was the only antenna to receive JOUB.

Was hoping to hear my first DU this morning.  No such luck.

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA