Re: [IRCA] antenna switch

You-Do-It Electronics, Needham, yes is the closest place to here where you can get decent stuff, love to drive out there just to see channel 5's antennas, very neat location for an electronics store. I bought a second hand 4 selector switch on ebay last night, MFJ but it's a good one, 0-500 mhz. with shipping and insurance was about 56.00, brand new is 70.00. My 95 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon is one of the most confortable, best riding cars I've ever owned, I can get 20 MPH out of a 350 Ci V8 going 75 with the air conditioner blasting with my wife and inlaws in it. (they're little, all from Perú), It's a keeper, I'll die with this thing. It's like driving a Cadillac station wagon, has everything in it, headlights go on and off by themselves, has load leveling air shocks with compressor, rear wheel drive which I've always liked, parks easier than most little cars thanks to the strange type of steering in it. Cost 37,000 and change in 1995, got the original window sticker. I've surprised a few kids with Toyotas and Nissens who thought they were going to leave this big hulk in the dust at the lights too, haha! surprise, see ya!

From: Milspec390@xxxxxxx
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, am@xxxxxxxxx, am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] antenna switch
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:08:56 EDT

B -

  Those jobbers still in Needham, in shadow of four towers? Wasn't one big
parts store off 128, S of four sided self-supporting TV tower? They outa have
multi-position switches.

Let's set off firestorm of controversy, OK? OK. Will lead. Why wouldn't
TV/VCR/ANT/CABLE switch work? Find 'em in pet charity thrift shops here. A little AOH through contacts works wonders. Attenuation tend to > w/freq, so forget BCB
worries. We in trouble yet?

Used here to switch LF converter in/out of R-388, switch in emergency antenna
- runs good. Most important - cheape. W/so many standing in thrall to
bi-directional digital video couplers etc., once costly switches now fill bargain
bins.

Yeah, yeah, now starts the Greek Chorus as to why am full of dog doot, citing
impedance flocculation, transconductance overshoot, rime-ice impingement, &
bilirubin resorbtion. Who cares? I don't.

Try it. If it works? Great. If it don't, take a sledgehammer to it. Or blame
it on me. Works for many.

     Dr. Zecchino

PV Zecchino, T.D.
Man'sfullofit Key, FL