Re: [IRCA] TAs and TPs--Carrier without audio

At 06:59 13/03/2007, you wrote:
>Carriers without audio on TAs and TPs is a result of
>under modulation of the audio part of the signal,yes
>or no?

I guess I'd qualify that with "strong carriers without audio", Bill,
as we often hear weaker carriers without audio.

Here, 972 from South Korea seems difficult to hear audio from, even
though the carrier is often strong.   Have to assume low modulation,
as the Chinese on 963 can deliver better audio with a lower carrier
level.   Another example is 1566, also South Korea, which can produce
a stronger carrier than VoA-1575 from Thailand, yet Thailand  might
produce audio first.  Again, the assumption is that 1566 is
relatively undermodulated.

But, splatter can conceal audio too.  1134 has often had a good
strength carrier here, but audio is only heard well if CKWX takes a break.

Nick