[IRCA] Sid Rosenbaum

Speaking of silent keys -- or maybe it's silent headphones for us -- anyone
remember Sid Rosenbaum of Wheeling, WV? When I was a DX pup, in 1960 or so,
Sid noted my eager, youthful reports to DX NEWS, saw my nearby address (30
crow miles away), & sorta took me under his wing, coaching me on receivers,
antennas, propagation, etc. Never met him f2f, but we corresponded regularly
for several years. Surely he has passed on...a Google search found only 1
hit, a couple of photos at the 1953 DX convention, at
http://www.nrcdxas.org/pictures/index1.html. Nice fellow, Sid.

Fred Schroyer
Freelance Science Writer / Editorial Consultant
955 Sixth Street - Waynesburg, PA 15370
(40 air mis S of Pittsburgh - 20 air mis N of Morgantown, WV)
Home 724-627-8844 - Work 304-599-7830 x 1120
freditor@xxxxxxxxxx