[IRCA] KSPN VERIE

A few weeks back when we Northwesterners heard that KIRO was going
off for maintenance, I was able to log KSPN and KFIA. Here's what
happened when I sent a report (CD) to KSPN.

Earlier this week I received an E-mail from Asst. CE Mike Worrall
acknowledging receipt of my report and telling me my verie would be
going out by the end of the week. Today I received his full data
letter along with an ESPN-710 bumper sticker, coaster and coffee mug
shield. In my report I asked him how much power was coming in my
direction. He wrote: "The compass radial that connects KSPN to KIRO
is 332 degrees, a 'monitor point' for KSPN that we make regular
measurements on. At 4.18km from the KSPN site, this field is limited
to 17.3 mv/m! As you can see, that's not much 'smoke" headed your
way..." Mike Worrall, the Assistant CE, signed it.

There used to be a program which would take a station's field
strength contour map and tell you the power headed in your direction
when you fed in your coordinates. However, it didn't work on a Mac so
it didn't do me much good. If someone who has access to that could do
that for me, I would appreciate it. KSPN's coordinates are 34-10-26n
and 118-24-35w; mine are below.

In any case, I think this is a mighty nice way to be treated by
someone who has multi-station responsibility so let's hear it for
Mike Worrall!

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n