Re: [IRCA] (was: New MW QSL) Ernest R. Cooper?

--- John Callarman <JohnCallarman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ernie grew up in his parents' home at 438 East 26th Street (correct
> me if I'm wrong on the street number, Bob Foxworth) in Brooklyn,
> within a couple of blocks of the Courtleyou subway station. His
> mother was still alive when I first visited Ernie at his home in
> 1958. After he retired, he moved to Provincetown, Mass. I don't
> remember the street address (or addresses; I think he may have moved
> from one location to another in Provincetown. Otherwise, I know of no
> third location from where he DX'ed.
>
> (Or maybe it was 436 E. 28th Street? Whatever it was I sent many a
> musing to that address in the late '50s.)

*** I'd have said 438 E 26th. And somewhere downstairs I probably have
a copy of an old DXN which would have it. I believe his first address
in P'town was 5 Anthony St., but I wouldn't want to be held to that.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id