Re: [IRCA] New MW QSL

Marc:

In those wonderful days (sixties) we had clear or nearly clear frequencies on monday morning (as you well remember) and 1420 was clear in the west.  WBSM signed on at 2:00 PST & I suspect were using 5 kw ND at the time.  I forget
what the rules were back then but I have them noted in my logs as 5 kw.  I received a verie from them as well, but would have to forage around in the basement to find it, so...maybe later :-)....WMEX was 50 kw (I think) at the
time and also were on a clear western frequency on MMs.  Of course conditions had to be excellent for these type receptions, but in those days it wasn't that uncommon during the winter.  Thanks for the kudos but those were the
only New Englanders I've heard from California.  I did considerably better from Iowa, hi!  But that was 1967 & this is 2007 and hats should be removed to Paul L. up in Grand Marais for all the great catches from New York & New
England he has made in the last couple years.  Cheers Paul!

Don Kaskey
San Francisco CA