Re: [IRCA] "Cheating" versus "stuck relays"

At 10:04 AM 3/8/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>And another thing, blah, blah:
>We accuse stations of  "cheating," and since suddenly I'm in the
>"sensitive" mode (HI):
>We should remember that many stations are, at least partially,
>computer-controlled, and so are susceptible to all the whims that
>computers have.
>My own semi-local (and closest AM), WECU-1570 (Winterville,
>NC) is supposed to power down to something like 300 watts at
>night. Since there's nothing to the station but a transmitter site
>and a phone line; a call to WWNB-1490 New Bern, NC, is in
>order.
>But since I can't talk, asking the Boss to call there for me is only
>going to go so far until the Boss refuses to have a dern thing to
>do with calling radio stations at night.
>So, the heck with it, sez I.
>73,
>Charles

I FORGOT TO INSERT:

WECU-1570 often "forgets" to power down at sunset.  At least
the computer gets other ideas about what the transmitter is
supposed to do at sunset.

I surely wouldn't depend on a computer to get my station to
power down at sunset, but I don't own a station. And I don't
think I'll start one just yet.

I think I'd have another computer check on the control
computer.

But CTC Media Group (owner WWNB-1490 and WECU-1570)
didn't ask my advice.

>         -----
>Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
>Greenville, North Carolina