[IRCA] XESS-620 / XESDD-920 / XESDD-1030

[IRCA] XESS-620 / XESDD-920 / XESDD-1030

Update on the legitimate Ensenada/Tecate stations and their
not-so-legitimate Tijuana doubles:

The legitimate station XESDD-920 appears to be off.  I can't tell about the
other two legitimate stations XESS-1450 or XHBCE-92.1 FM as I don't hear
them regularly from Chula Vista.

The not-so-legitimate XESDD-1030 is still running music which I think could
still be described as Mexican oldies, though I do hear some news in the
mornings.  The signal is currently very weak and (I would guess)
undermodulated (the carrier is fairly solid but the music is barely
audible).  KURS-1040 is louder despite being a few miles farther away and
(allegedly!) much lower power.

I just noticed not-so-legitimate XESS-620 is running classic rock (last song
was "I've Been Waiting for a Girl Like You") and using the slogan "Radio
Fiesta" after their call-letter IDs.  I believe they were still ESPN
Deportes at the beginning of the week.  I don't know if the current
programming is a full-time format change or just a weekend program.

No changes noted for XEPE-1700 or XEBCE-105.7.

73, Tim Hall
Chula Vista, CA