Re: [IRCA] Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) - Secaucus, NJ, Area - 590 kHz

--- Mike Hardester <DX4EVR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The following item was noted on the NJ.Com website/The Jersey Journal
>
> (23 February), and relates to the HAR station on the New Jersey
> Turnpike.
>
> The area of operation will be (roughly) "the New Jersey Turnpike
> northbound from Route 495 via Interchange 17E"; also, "...for Route
> 495
> East and Lincoln Tunnel-bound traffic..."
>
> "...Drivers are advised to monitor Highway Advisory radio (590 AM)
> for
> information about closures."

*** There has been a station in Paramus near Routes 80/46/4 for several
years which gets out quite well. There are a number of others on that
frequency IIRC - Roseland ( on I280 ) Parsippany ( 80/46/202/287 ) and
some others - probably all searchable on the FCC data whenever they
stop their monlong plus emergency preparedness testing which limits
access to info on their website.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]