[IRCA] CJRS, 1650, R. Shalom, Montreal, imminent

[IRCA] CJRS, 1650, R. Shalom, Montreal, imminent

** CANADA. CJRS --- Yes, that's the official set of call letters for Radio
Shalom. We'll begin testing at 1650 very soon, possibly next week, with a
tentative March launch. If you're interested in participating on-air or behind
the scenes in our unique venture (North America's first all-Jewish radio
station), please feel free to reach me at stanleyasher@.... [truncated]. We'll
also consider some limited programming from various ethnic and/or religious
organizations who are presently not served by other Montreal area radio
stations (such as those on CFMB, CINQ, CKDG and others). Japanese, Mennonite,
Bahai, Bulgarian, and Roma groups particularly are welcome. I'm writing in the
dual capacities of long-time RIM member, and VP of CJRS with temporary duties
as English-language pgm. coordinator (Stanley Asher, QC, Feb 4, radioinmontreal
yg via DXLD)

CJRS/Radio Shalom, 1650 AM --- Our tech guru, Michel Mathieu, has promised
testing by mid-week -- we hope -- and we still are interested in news readers
(Fr. & Eng.), journalists, producers/ops, who will be heard on a Montreal
market station. Our budget is highly limited, so almost everyone is
volunteering. We're 1000 watts, and would like to hear reception reports.
Laurentians? South Shore? Hudson/St. Lazare? Anjou/RDP/Mtl. N.? Ontario and US
border towns, maybe? (Stanley Asher, Feb 11, radioinmontreal yg via DXLD)

Where is the transmitter site located? And just a neat tidbit that I'm sure
most everyone knows, CJRS was the call of Radiomutuel's Sherbrooke outlet, CJRS
1510. :) (Marc Guerard, ibid.) On Ferrier 3 blocks west of Decarie (Asher,
ibid.)

But nothing further about it in this yg as of Feb 17 (Glenn Hauser, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)