From: Barry McLarnon <bdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Whitehorse
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:53:42 -0500

On Thursday 15 February 2007 12:10, Patrick Martin wrote:
> Yes, I heard and QSL'd both CKRW & CFWH back in the 90s when I had
> 2,000+ feet of wire running NNW for a few years. I only heard CKRW once,
> but I have heard CFWH several times. I think CKRW is off MW now, only on
> FM. I read sometime back they were moving to FM.

CKRW is not off MW.  See, for example, http://www.ckrw.com/services.aspx,
where it mentions that they are simulcasting on 610 AM and 96.1 FM.

So, at least for you folks in the PNW, you should keep trying for this tough
catch... and note that they have audio streaming available to help you out
(http://www.ckrw.com/stream/).

I spent two summers working in the Yukon, but have never heard any Yukon
stations from "the outside".

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON