Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] IBOC DX!

Well let's hope that we don't have to worry about that too much longer, the
people I've talked to have never heard of either IBOC nor HD radio period
never mind HD FM and I don't live out in the middle of the woods. People
I've talked to don't even think it's right for the FCC to mandate their TV's
obsolete, even though they know that they can get a "box" that will make
them work. I think the only people that are going to get excited about
DIGITAL HD!!!!!! are people who sit at home and watch DVD's and TV 18 hours
a day. Also how do you like the misleading advertising they are doing now
"channels between your channels"  insinuating that you're going to get
stations between the ones on your dial now and I'm talking radio here, it's
aimed at FM. I think they should aim some propaganda at AM radio listeners,
something like "horrendous racket around your channels that goes 500 miles
even though the audio goes 20 unless you'ge got a 700' antenna in your
backyard" No I got it: CD-like quality!! and in small print: if you live 10
miles or closer from our non-directional 50KW transmitter as long as you're
not in your car.

Bob Young
Analog, Ma