[IRCA] NHK1 & 2 IDs

Ah yes,

And I have a bunch of them on tape.

Most memorable are the NHK2 IDs that come at 2219:50 JST.

Story:

After we arrived on Okinawa in 1981, and before I got a list of JOs and had
not yet become familiar, I noted a daytime NHK2-1584 signal on groundwave.

I thought it to be on Okinawa, so off I went up National Radio 58 one
evening. Went a good ways up the island, with no apparent strengthening or
weakening of 1584. Then at 2219:50 came the break-away and a bedlam of
callsign/location IDs.

Next night, of course, I had my recorder set!

The 1584 came from a 500 or 1 kW repeater on Amami Island, about midway
between Okinawa and the Mainland.

It was relaying Kagoshima NHK2.

Later, to my dismay, the local MW DXer club, Far East Broadcast Association
(which I joined and became an active member and corresponded with Mainland
Dxers) listed the 1584 relay as being in Okinawa Prefecture!!  I pointed
out that the island was in Kagoshima Prefecture, and the repeater relayed
Kagoshima Dai-ni Hoso.

Strange that the club put the station in the wrong prefecture, but they
corrected their list.

Rather like The NRC DX Log putting Savannah in Florida!

Logged several 50-W NHK and commercial repeaters from Okinawa.

And it's all on tape.

73 de Charles

At 05:00 AM 2/8/2007 +0000, you wrote:
>At 22:13 07/02/2007, you wrote:
> >Nick,
> >Do they list all the call letters at s/off or at some other time?
> >1640UT is 8:40am here, well after LSR and the time all the locals
> >power up.
>Heh, don't listen to me, Pete, listen to the experts:
>http://www.dxing.info/articles/DXing_and_IDing_NHK_stations.dx
>And of course, that 1500UT s/off (NHK2) may still give you a chance
>on Sunday and Monday mornings, though it's been awhile since I heard
>any call letter IDs then.
>best wishes,
>Nick Hall-Patch
>Victoria, B.C.