Re: [IRCA] ... was Bought an iRiver, is Olympus Digital voice recorders...

Re: [IRCA] ... was Bought an iRiver, is Olympus Digital voice recorders...

> I want to get one to do high quality location
> recordings for inclusion in PODCASTS and
> on CDs.
>
> The key is "High quality"..
>
> Are they good enough for Podcasts or for
> inclusion on a CD with other "broadcast quality" materials?
> --
> Colin Newell - in Victoria B.C. Canada
I would think that, given that most recorders can capture at a
reasonably high bandwidth/data rate (e.g. comparable to the encoding of
your podcast), the real issue will be the quality of the microphone used
to record the materials. If you are doing interviews or recording
environmental sounds, I'd go for the best mic you could afford.

As Russ Johnson recommended earlier, you might want to also look into a
mini disc recorder; they aren't much bigger than an MP3 player and are
capable of very high quality recording,

Brett Saylor