From: C B <bevdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2007 12:41:47 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Recent logs from Moody, Texas

Hi James,

I have used the "43" material with success, at least
through the MW band. I use quite a few of the
Hall-Patch design transformers which consist of an
Amidon FT50-43 wound with a 35 turn primary and an 11
turn secondary. Your turns ratio seems close. I
suspect the major culprit is the termination
resistance. I use 2.5K linear pots tuned/peaked to the
middle of the MW band. This approach has worked fairly
well for me, but certainly not perfect, as the catch
is that the best resistance will vary according to
ground conditions. My EWE's, I have 3, noticably vary
in performance according to the moisture content of
the soil, which varies greatly here. I use a
counterpoise ground wire directly underneath my South
EWE which helps. The siting of my other EWEs don't
afford me that option.

I hope this helps.

73

Craig Barnes