Re: [IRCA] carriers....hardly....

At 06:29 06/01/2007, you wrote:
>Dozens of carriers in here this evening, from longwaves up to 1584. Many of
>them strong enough to create substantial hets on domestics. Unfortunately, I
>wasn't able to extract audio from very many. The regulars 153, 162, 189,
>1134, 1215, and 1575, were all in. Two not so regularly heard were
>756-Germany and 1053-UK.

Don't know what it was like earlier, but barely visible (on Spectran)
let alone hearable carrier on 1215 at 0730UT...then I realized it was
not being heard on the northerly Flag (usually the best
TA antenna), only the westerly one, which pretty much rules out TAs I
would think.  Only problem is, the position of the terminator says
this would then be a 2kw New Zealander...

Several minutes later, the situation reversed, now just a carrier on
the north Flag;  had the presence of mind (rare these days) to note
the frequency, then the "other" carrier showed on the west Flag
again, nearly 2 Hz higher.   So yes, maybe a bit of a visit from TA's
down here.  2kw New Zealanders, now that's ridiculous, though 738 is
showing an excellent carrier with maybe just a hint of audio.

best wishes,

Nick