Re: [IRCA] Drake R-8 repair question

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Unplugging the receiver from AC
for several minutes did not help. Toggling the "lamp" control button
(F8) on and off also did not help. I did read about the ribbon connector
problems. However, that problem appears to cause failure of the display
- not failure of the lamps. My display continues to operate properly and
can be seen if I shine a light through it from the front.

The Drake factory web site does appear to still offer factory service at
the rate of $40 per quarter hour ($160 per hour!) plus shipping costs.
Ouch! If I do send it to the factory I'll probably ask to have it
realigned and optimized for the MW band while it's there. So it is sure
to be on the bench for at least an hour. I guess I'll have to start
saving my pennies.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO