Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Cuban mysteries

--- saulamdx <saulamdx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am cleaning up old (and new) unIDs in my logbook,
> and my listing of Cubans is a mess. There are cases
> where I am not sure of a station location, and many
> times I've never seen calls reported in the bulletins.
> I realize there are some gaps in our general knowledge
> of Cuban AM stations, but I am hoping to tidy up my
> logbook as much as possible. Any advice, ideas,
> information, random thoughts are greatly appeciated,
> with thanks!

I have long since given up on trying to do what you're attempting.
Arguably the best info today may be WRTH, and even that may be only 50%
accurate.

We know that many outlets from other networks relay Reloj in the
overnight, so hearing Reloj on a channel at night may not mean there's
really a Reloj outlet there. Calls mean little to nothing in Cuba, as
in many other parts of the world, and the locations are a nightmare.
What info there is in any of the available data sources my be
'licensed' location, studio location, transmitter locations or locality
primarily served.

I usually use whatever I find that matches from WRTH for outlets other
than Reloj, except for some of those occasions where I actually get a
smaller network which is more easily identified. Unless there's a
powerful and generally-accepted Reloj outlet on a fre

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id