Re: [IRCA] Fun with CBC Northern Lights pgm

On Friday 29 December 2006 18:04, Neil Kazaross wrote:
> Later tuning past 1110 with KFAB phased and noting how weak WBT was I had
> some of the same cl mx pgm an hour later around 10:15.
> I think CBLI Deep River ON is the only LPRT on 1110 in the EST zone. Once
> again, I couldn't raise up any talk for something more positive.
>
> Does anyone have a list of active LPRT's in ON and PQ since I may be able
> to dig a couple more out with the ENE Phased BOG System.

The CBC used to have a list of all transmitters on their website, but, alas,
they seem to have done away with it.  Now they have one of those 'pick your
location and we'll tell you where to listen' thingies.  I think I may have a
list of all sites somewhere that I got from CBC.  I'll try to find it, but in
the meantime, the best source of LPRT listings is probably the NRC AM Log.
CBLI does get out well, and I hear them quite frequently at night when I null
WBT, but from WI it's a super catch!  As for other possible LPRT targets, one
that comes to mind is CBF3 on 650, where the FF should stick out.  Another
one heard here not too long ago is CBON12 on 1090 in Mattawa ON, also with
FF.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON