Re: [IRCA] NW Wind Storms

Bruce,

Well, we came through the storm. It was the daddy of them all too. At
least as long as I have lived here, since 1981. My neighbor told me that
he saw wind gusts of 110 MPH! My house came through it fine, and no
trees down on my property. However, 3 roofs blew off in the area and a
couple down trees. The top 1/2 inch bolt that connects the acuator to my
8.5 foot satellite dish snapped off from the force. It cracked the metal
frame. I am going to try to repair it, as soon as I can get to a metal
shop for some angle iron, but as I type this South of me, Gearhart,
Seaside, Cannon Beach, etc are all out of power maybe for another 48
hours. Still much of the NW still is. I was lucky that the powerlines
were easy to repair in Astoria/Warrenton/Clatsop Plains. We had power
back at 7:30 this morning.  But it was quite the storm. Again, it was
the worst storm I can ever remember. I wasn't here during the Columbus
Day Storm of 1962, as I lived in Seward AK then. But the old timers
around here said this one was close. I can believe it with 110 MPH
gusts!
Oh yes, my radio antennas and beverage came through it fairly well.
Except a big limb broke off and knocked the Eastern beverage to the
Ground, but did not break the wire, so after pulling it out from under a
100 lb limb, I was able to put it back up. The EWE antennas are fine.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager