Re: [IRCA] A index 42 sleep in!

Last night was the deadest night I have ever witnessed in my 35 years of
overnight, bedside, AM DX listening.  Nothing below 1500 was audible at all,
except for a short window around 2315 local time when CKAC Montreal on 730
faded up to about 10% of normal strength right at the end of the hockey
broadcast (fortuitously!).

When I say "dead" I mean dead.  Not even groundwave.  Never seen anything
like it before.  I did NOT check 1390 for WEGP, but I'd be amazed if it
wasn't missing also.  None of the usual groundwave/skywave suspects was
detectable at all.

I'm sure the auroral oval must have encompassed my area and prevented stuff
from practically any azimith, and any angle.  I was hearing weak stations
above 1500, but that was all.

Using the 2010 barefoot on a lazy susan.

Brent Taylor, VE1JH
Doaktown, NB - Grid FN66wn
60 mi inland from Northumberland Strait
R-75, ICF-2010 (2), ICF-7600GR, R390A/URR
Large Pennant, Dipole, RS Loops, Quantum Phaser