Re: [IRCA] Les Rayburn's UNID on 1610

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 11:25, J.D. Stephens wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 16:04:30 +0000
> > From: midcapemarc@xxxxxxxxxxx (Marc DeLorenzo)
> > Subject: [IRCA] 1610khz UNID Spanish Station
> > To: Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >

> > Most likely CHHA Toronto, Les.  I don't have their
> > slogan handy.  Perhaps one of our Ontario or upstate
> > NY members can provide that info?
> >
> > Marc DeLorenzo
>
> CHHA was supposed to have gone silent on November
> 30th, in order to relocate their transmitter site.  If
> that did happen on schedule, Les heard someone else
> with SS on 1610.  See article below for more info on
> CHHA going silent:
>
> http://www.crtc.gc.ca/archive/ENG/Notices/2006/pb2006-154.htm

They did not in fact go silent - possibly they've already relocated their
transmitter, or they got an extension on the deadline to do so.

As for their slogan, it was Radio Voces Latinas, but I haven't checked
recently to see if it's still the same.  They have also been significantly
off frequency - on the high side, drifting slowly downwards, which could
be an aid in ID'ing them.  No groundwave signal from them here, but I'll
try to check their carrier frequency and slogan tonight.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON