Re: [IRCA] FCC info on tone testers

Met fellow thru the business, late 80s, became friendly. Works for FCC.
Invited us to visit his home & tour FCC monitoring site. We keep in touch, trading
intercepts over years. He moves to FL, as do we. He moves to CA, as do we
briefly. As w/many FCC 'line officers', he enjoys DXng & ute listening. Many have
home radio rooms. Must get in the blood.

Well prior to iBLOC, discussed how best to process noise problems.

Power lines? Call Power company first. Sniff around, try to locate suspect
pole(s).

Broadcast sta's? Write to engineer. Tell him what you heard, why you believe
it's his station, what receivers you use, etc. - nice collegial note.

No reply? Mail another nice note, or three. Engineers busy. Owners generally
talentless exsanguinated psychos who live to grind engineers to dust and
strangle air talent.

Still no reply?. Write FCC local office directly & cc station.

FCC line officers - according to friend - sometimes peeved by noise
complaints not completely thrashed out w/noise originator.

            =Z.=

pvz
managasbag key, fl