Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Tone Testers on 1610/1020 and 590 - Direction Finding -other options

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Tone Testers on 1610/1020 and 590 - Direction Finding -other options

>> I suggest that instead of using compass angles
>> from your location use the deviation angle
>> to a known station transmitter site instead.

This has worked out very well indeed for the
data supplied by Gil Stacy in Savannah, Georgia.
He said the mystery station was precisely on the
same bearing as WBZ.  So I adjusted the "takeoff"
azimuth so that it landed on WBZ's property and
saw the noticeably revised curved line going up from
his place to the Mystery place.

And of course close-in fellows can submit the very
best data.   Sure would be nice to have someone in
east-central Virginia give us a bearing.

- JimT