Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1020 posted Monday morning

--- Rene Tetro <rene@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I find interesting about the map is that it looks like the
> majority of
> intersections seems to converge near Philadelphia, in Pennsylvania.
> Here's
> a military location I don't believe anyone mentioned:  Willow Grove
> Naval
> Air Station!  It's just north of Philly, and would seem to intersect
> perfectly with a lot of the direction reports.  That would also
> explain why
> I was getting it with a 10 over S9.

*** Neither signal was that strong. I'm within about 6 miles of that
facility. If it were from there I'd have never heard anything else on
either channel. As it was I couldn't get a reasonable bearing on 1020
because I wasn't able to determine whether or not KDKA's signal was
skewing the bearing by night or WIBG's by day. Again evidence that it
was not from Willow grove.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]