[IRCA] World is not flat

Jim,

Looking at your 1020 map as well as 1610 map, it seems that all the lines are
straight. Since a bearing is really a great circle, shouldn`t they be curved on
that map projection? Or is it possible for your base map to be based on great
circles even tho we don`t really know the center, since that is what we are
trying to locate? As someone else mentioned a while ago, NOT using great
circles, but drawing straight lines on a flat map can cause large errors at
several hundred miles distance, defeating the purpose of this exercise.

This is a separate issue, of course, from making correxions for magnetic
declination, which is also essential if using a compass.

73, Glenn Hauser