Re: [IRCA] KNBR OFF !

Patrick,

  I wasn't able to reach the CE (Eric Steinberg), but I left a message to the effect that he or one of his staff told me weeks ago about the scheduled downtime, that I had alerted members of a few DX radio clubs, and that many people were extremely happy that they were able to listen to 680 during an extremely rare opportunity, that being KNBR's silence.  I mentioned some of the stations that were heard, and said that if it were not for he and his staff, nobody would have had the opportunity to prepare and to listen.

  It was probably better to leave a voicemail, as I had to be focused to say what I wanted to without eating up too much of his time.

  Mike

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Mike,

50 minutes to be off for KNBR was not as much as I had hoped too. If
they would have been off longer I probably would have heard more. But
beggers can't be chosers as the saying goes. I am thankful that you were
alerted of the down time. If you talk to the CE, thank him from all of
us.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin