Re: [IRCA] Unbelievable morning!!!

Nick,

Out here on the coast, it was something else. I was sitting here typing
the first e mail and Vietnam was S9+ blasting from my DX room. I don't
think I ever heard them that strong. 549 Vov2 was not far behind either
in signal. KOAC was not even an issue. I thought I had moved to Asia! I
have not had a morning quite like that is years. Not with signals
lasting that long. I think I lost the last het, 639 kHz at 10:45 AM
PST!. I do remember hearing China on 1040 in the early 70s like that.
Dave Williams and I were talking on the phone early in the morning with
the station blasting is at S9+20+ DB here and at Dave's. It did not seem
to matter what antenna we were using. Dave had a 375 foot LW and I had a
600' LW. Mine ran N/S between the houses in downtown Warrenton. Anyway,
Dave had to leave for work, but I did not have a college class until
late in the morning as I remember (I am going back 35 years though.hi),
but I remember having to leave my house at 10:45 AM and China was still
there. It was in October/November as I remember. But it was something
else to say the least!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin