Re: [IRCA] Montana DX Tests-Repost

Special Montana DX Test Announcement

The state of Montana is one of the rarest of all for DX'ers, especially
those east of the Mississippi River. Through the joint efforts of a lot of
dedicated folks, we are now proud to announce a special multi-station DX
test from Montana offering listeners a rare opportunity to log this state.

Special thanks go out to the ABDX E-Mail List, Engineer Ron Huckeby, Michael
Richard of KEVA, and the staff of these stations for putting this test
together. DX'ers everywhere owe them all a debt of gratitude.

KEIN 1310khz Great Falls, MT (5KW Daytime Pattern)

KLCY 930khz, East Missoula, MT (5KW Daytime Pattern)

KGVO 1290khz, Missoula, MT (5KW Daytime Pattern)

KANA 580khz, Anaconda, MT (1KW Daytime Pattern)

Date(s): Late Saturday Night November 18th, 2006 Midnight-Continuing until

Early Sunday morning, November 19th at 2:00AM local.

Time: Midnight until 2AM Mountain Time. 2 Hour Long Test.

Modes of Operation: Transmitter Testing. Daytime Power & Patten for all
stations.

Programming: Morse Code ID's, Sweep Tones, Voice ID.

**KEIN 1310khz will run a mixture of nostalgia music programming and Morse
Code ID's, sweep tones, etc.

Notes:  Transmitter audio chain testing. Stations will broadcast voice ID's,
Morse Code ID's, special Sweep Tone signals, etc.

Reception reports are desired via e-mail (first choice) and

postal mail . Due to the high volume of QSL requests, we will only

accept Postal reports as a last resort. No DX'er with e-mail capability

will be allowed to submit a Postal QSL request. Station would prefer

to received recordings of the test (MP3, CD, or cassette).

Submit reports to:

les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please put "Montana DX Test" in the subject line.

All standard mail reports should go to:
Les Rayburn

High Noon Film

100 Centerview Drive Suite 111

Birmingham, AL 35216

Our thanks to the Kevin Redding & The ABDX E-Mail List, Ron Huckey, Michael
Richard, Steve Dow, Todd Clark, and the staff members of these great
stations for helping to arrange this once in a lifetime DXing event!