Re: [IRCA] Dump AM IBOC, Move the AM Band,

Re: [IRCA] Dump AM IBOC, Move the AM Band,

OK we have to agree to disagree about the purpose for HDTV.

Note that I think the main purpose for HD FM and especially HD AM is to try
to make megabucks for Ibequity and to sell more radios.

Anyhow..I wouldn't move existing AMers around, but would have the FCC be
more aggressive about pursuing and limiting the endless sources of noise on
the AM band, some of which can be fixed by a 10 cent part. All cars, not
just some can have decent AM radios like in the past and with less engine
noise. Utilities actually will have to fix noisy power lines and this will
all give AMers more coverage.

A problem with 54 to 88 Mhz is that not all the Low band VHF's are moving
away. However, they all could be moved and those freq's could be used for FM
Digital only and 88-108 could return to analog. That would be a risky
venture for FMers since people would have to buy new radios to digitally
tune 54-88, but they need to by new radios to listed to FM HD anyhow.

73 KAZ