Re: [IRCA] Are They or Aren't They?

The only IBOCer I hear that gives me trouble days is KEX 1190  Portland
at 75 air miles away. Generally they use it from LSR to LSS and during
the Summer to 6 PM. They do a number on 1180 & 1200, but I can get KLAY
1180 Lakewood WA  if I phase out the IBOC, but it leaves KLAY weaker.
Once in a great while KEX's IBOC is off, especially on the weekends.
KHHO 850 Tacoma uses it, but with KSWB on 840 ans KPAM on 860, it is not
an issue. KHHO is received here during the day alright,  they sufer from
splash unless KSWB is nulled or phased. Other than that, the only IBOC
hash I get is from stations like KCBS 740 KCVR 1570 in the mornings.
KIXI 880 is going IBOC I have heard. With the change of events and some
turning it off, they may have a change of heart too. Some feel IBOC will
not be on at nights because of the extreme QRM. I think if IBOC does not
go nights, then most stations will drop AM IBOC. Why bother? Unless it
is 24/7.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin