[IRCA] "New Antenna Works Out Well" becomes "R-F grounds"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry McLarnon" <bdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2006 4:44 PM
Subject: [IRCA] New Antenna Works Out Well

"Also, the ground is good old "Canadian Shield" - mostly rock under a
thin layer of topsoil, so it's very difficult to get an effective
ground."

Barry,

I think what you need is capacitive coupling to earth, and if the
rock, like cement contains moisture, it will be a good
conductor.

If it is not conductive, then maybe a 1 meter² counterpoise of
"chicken wire" (how do you wire a chicken?) , buried or unburied, will
do the job.

Anyone else care to add to/subtract from this line of reasoning?

Charlie

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
   Grifton, North Carolina

  Even if I could somehow fit them in, ground-dependent antennas such