Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] IBOC being used at night now

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] IBOC being used at night now

> IBOC has been tested at night all along. I have not seen any mention of
> an ok to go nights as yet.  Mentioning IBOC, someone on 650 was using it
> this morning QRMing 639 & 666 kHz, so probably KSTE Sacramento I would
> guess.

I filed a QRM complaint with the CRTC (the Canadian equiv. to the FCC)
citing one of our local AM xmtrs was splashing 100khz up and down the dial!
They passed the complaint on to Industry Canada and we got action.

The more people that complain about IBOC interfering with "other"
local AM stations the better.

Thankfully, there are 2 regional AMs that I could mention.
Telling the CRTC or Industry Canada that your Korean reception
is being blocked by local interference is "just asking for a tin-foil hat"...

--
Colin Newell
Editor-Creator www.coffeecrew.com | www.dxer.ca