Re: [IRCA] DX Tests still awaiting verification

Re: [IRCA] DX Tests still awaiting verification

Hi all,

I guess getting into the new DX season has got all of us thinking about
DX seasons and DX Tests past.  I offer those of you who participated in
last December's WFIL/WNTP test my apologies for not responding sooner.
In 38 years as an engineer, it has never taken me so long to clear up a
backlog of reports.  I am especially embarrassed since I am one of you,
and not just a broadcast engineer who doesn't care or understand about
DXing and DXers.  Your QSL's went out yesterday, believe it or not, with
a letter of apology.

I would like to pass on to you an email I sent to Les a few moments ago
about the WNTP/WFIL test:

"Hi Les,

This is weird.  We must be thinking in the same sphere.

Believe it or not, I finally sent out all of the QSL's yesterday.  I
included an apology letter with the qsl's explaining why it took so
long.  I also let them know that, no, I am not trying to set the record
for the longest response time from a domestic station :-).  I felt
terrible about the responses taking so long every time I would look in
my desk at the reports.  All I can say is that it has just been one of
those years when everything has been maddening and insane.  We've had
lots of projects and a few minor disasters, especially during the spring
and summer.   (You may have notices the number of times I've had to take
WNTP off the air in the past few months for repairs and adjustments.)
I've been barely able to keep up.

In any event, I apologize for any inconvenience or embarrassment this
may have caused you as DX Test co-ordinator.  And I have no problems
with the complaints I received.  I deserved them.  To a fault, the
writers were all reasonable and their tone was respectful and in no way
threatening or obnoxious - credits to the DX community.

73,

Rene'"

Rene F. Tetro
Lansdale, PA, USA