Re: [IRCA] Low MW freqs. rule

At 07:16 AM 9/17/2006, you wrote:

>Good Morning,
>
>Very good conditions on the lower end of the MW band.  Tuned to 1566 & 1575 and nothing heard.  The highest frequency here was 1206 with China F/S.
>
>164       Tried for Mongolia, maybe faint carrier.  2 RRLong
>             -waves were in.  Congrats to Steve and Pat on
>              their recent reception of this station.
>
>648       In again with woman talking to man on phone, then
>             music.  1328-1359  music at 1359 then out course.
>             Vansihed1/2 minute to 1400  Was  S-7 at times.
>             Should be able to heard station Monday at 1400.
>             Hangs around about 10 minutes longer each morning.
>
>             666   JOBK  Japan in at 1324 fair with man in JJ.
>
>738    Fast talking man at 1344 fair at times, but much rapid
>          fading.    Will check recording latter.
>
>Dennis,
>Vancouver,  WA

Again, wonderful to hear what others heard this morning.  I had outstanding reception of 1566 this morning.  1575 was poor, though (no audio).  I sure didn't hear anything on 648, and nothing too on 164.  738 for me was interesting as well with several stations there.  Conditions really die at this end before 1400, starting about 13:35 or so.  Definitely virtually nothing to be heard by 1400.  More to ponder!  Too bad that John Bryant's away until tomorrow.  Wonder whether Nick or Guy were listening.  Colin should be posting his observations shortly I suspect.........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria.